The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades | Chapter 10

The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades

Chapter Ten
Ana

The alarm didn’t wake me up that morning. Christian’s lips moved along my shoulder and to my neck. The scruff from his chin rubbed against me, providing the delectable friction I enjoyed. “Good morning, Mrs. Grey.”

I smiled with my eyes closed. “Morning, Mr. Grey.”

He moved his mouth to mine and gave me a gentle kiss. “I thought I’d be your alarm today.”

“Definitely a nice way to wake up.”

He kissed the corner of my mouth then dug his fingers into my hair.
           
I opened my eyes and looked into my husband’s face. The same look he gave me every morning was there. His gray eyes took me in with appreciation, and that light in his soul started to shine again. He went to a dark place when his birth father tried to reconnect with him. But he was coming back to me…slowly. “What a beautiful morning.”

“And what a beautiful woman.” He kissed my forehead before he sat up. “Mrs. Jones has breakfast ready.”

“I’m not hungry.” I usually grabbed a banana on the way out. Sometimes tea.

His eyes crinkled in annoyance.

“Was Phoebe okay last night?”

“Yeah. She was just restless. I rocked her the way Grace taught me, and that put her back to sleep.”

“Such a good father.”

A slight smile stretched across his lips. “Such a good mother.”
***

I kissed the children goodbye before I walked out with Christian. We got into the back of Taylor’s car then headed to work. I checked my emails on the way. Unfortunately, I had more than I anticipated.

“Ana, there’s something I want to talk to you about.”

I closed my iPad and gave Christian my focus.

“I want you to have this.” He handed over a pen. It was ordinary—nothing special. “If you’re ever in any danger, hit this button.” He showed me the button on the side. “My men will come for you and take you to safety.”

Taylor had always been enough for both of us. The fact Christian had a backup security plan was disconcerting.

He placed the pen in my hand. “I understand your feelings regarding my father. But I don’t share your views.”

“Maybe he is just after your money. But that doesn’t mean he wants to hurt you—or me.”

That dark expression was on his face again. He didn’t like to be defied—not in this regard. “Carry it with you at all times.” He pressed the pen in my palm.

“Is there something you aren’t telling me, Christian?”
           
“No.” He held my gaze as he spoke.

I examined the pen before I placed it in my purse.

“If something happens to me, press that button.”

“Why would something happen to you?”
           
He stared out the front of the car before he looked at me again. “I’m always prepared for anything. The best thing you can do for both of us is get to safety.”

“Christian, if someone had you, I wouldn’t stop searching until I found you.”

The corner of his lip upturned in a smile. “You know better than anyone else that people will use you to get to me. If they can’t find you, then there’s nothing they can do.”

This conversation was starting to make me sick. The idea of someone taking My Fifty away made me want to cry. “I don’t want to talk about this anymore…”

“I understand. I just wanted you to have that.”

“Okay.” I looked out the window and sipped my tea.

***
“These are all terrible.” I placed all the manuscripts into a separate basket on the corner of my desk. They were all being sent to the recycling room. Hopefully, they would be remade into something people actually wanted to read.
           
My assistant lifted the heavy basket into her arms. “What a shame.”

“Send in the new submissions.”

“Uh, Ana. That was it.”

I gave her a blank look because I didn’t understand what she meant. “There are no other submissions.”

“Not until tomorrow or later in the week.”

Did I just veto all of them? “Oh…”

“I’ll leave these on my desk just in case you change your mind.” She shut the door behind her when she walked out.

I stared at the empty space on the surface of my desk and tried to figure out what went wrong. Normally, I had an open mind about anything that made it up to my office. But now, I was hateful of anything that my eyes read.

I looked at the sticky note against my stationary holder. Mr. Colton’s phone number and address was still written in the scribbled handwriting of my assistant. I tapped my fingers against the desk before I snatched it.

Mr. Colton made it clear he wasn’t interested in publishing. But perhaps if I gave him a remarkable advance, he would change his mind. I made the call and listened to the rhythmic rings on the other side.

Then he answered. “Colton. Who am I speaking with?”

“Hey, Colton.” I kept my voice steady so I wouldn’t scare him off. “It’s Ana from Grey Publishing.”

“What an interesting surprise.” His cold demeanor made it clear he wasn’t thrilled about this conversation.

“I was hoping I could have a minute of your time. Are you busy?”

“I’m a musician. I’m never busy, and I’m always busy.”

I didn’t understand his logic but I chuckled anyway. “I would really like to talk to you about your manuscript.”

“I’m sorry. Did I just go back in time?”

I didn’t appreciate his attitude, but I didn’t give up. “Can we get together for coffee? I have an offer you’ll have a hard time saying no to.”

“I’m happy to get coffee with you. I’m always looking for good company. But I’m not interested in discussing work or my manuscript.”

I was starting to think this guy was crazy. He had a major publishing house coming to him in desperation to publish his book, and he was totally indifferent. He was a freak. “How about the same place we met last time?”

“I suppose. I’m free in an hour.”

“Then let’s do it.”
***

After we had our coffees and scones, we exchanged pleasantries and discussed the weather. I had a suspicion Taylor was following me, and Christian would hear about this meeting soon enough, but he would get over it. This was strictly business, and I wasn’t going to quit until I got what I wanted.

“How’s life?” he asked.

“Great. I just returned from Italy a few days ago.”

“I hear it’s lovely.”

“It is. You should go sometime.”

“Maybe someday,” he said noncommittally. “How’s the infamous Mr. Grey?”

“Good.” It made me uncomfortable to be questioned about my husband. He technically bought the publishing house as a gift to me so it was common knowledge he was the entrepreneur behind it. But it was still weird to be asked about him. “He’s at work right now.”

Colton nodded then sipped his coffee. “So what did you want to entice me with?”

“Colton, I haven’t stopped thinking about your story since I read it. Grey Publishing it still interested in putting your book on shelves all over the country. I’m prepared to offer you a million-dollar advance. You’ll still have a great return on royalties and creative leadership. We’re willing to work on everything with you to make this happen.”

“Wow. That’s a lot.”

Finally, I was getting somewhere with him.

“But money doesn’t mean anything to me. I told you that.”

I couldn’t keep the disappointment off my face. “Then what does mean something to you, Colton?” The derision in my stomach somehow emerged out of my throat even when I tried to stop it.

He smiled slightly, like he loved making me squirm. “A beautiful woman sitting across from me over dinner.”

I stared at him blankly, having no idea what that meant. “Excuse me?”

“Ana.” He set his coffee to the side. “I find you very attractive. I admire your perseverance and determination. I don’t come across too many women like that. Have dinner with me.”

I was more confused than ever. “I’m married, as you well know.”

He shrugged. “I don’t care. I won’t tell if you don’t.”

My eyes narrowed at the insult. “You think I would cheat on my husband just to get your book published? I’m sorry to say this, but your book isn’t that good. You’re just a stuck up little—”

Out of nowhere, Christian emerged. He stood at the table in his grey suit and black tie. He buttoned the front then stood with one hand in his pocket. The other hung by his side, tense and ready to strike. To everyone else in the café, he seemed to be greeting us.

But I knew it was an unmistakable threat.

He stared at me with his gray eyes, saying so much without uttering a single word.

This was bad.

He turned to Colton sitting across from me. Then he gestured with his hand, commanding him to vacate his chair and walk out the door as quickly as possible. Colton didn’t grab his unfinished coffee or scone before he left the table without saying goodbye. The cool and suave man was no more than a coward.

Christian unbuttoned the front of his suit before he lowered himself into the chair across from me. When his eyes were level with mine, he stared me down in silence. The piano music played on the speakers overhead and people spoke quietly from their tables. A lot of the seats were occupied by college students using the free wi-fi.

Good thing there were witnesses.

Christian was the first one to speak. “Mrs. Grey.”

I leaned back against the chair and crossed my arms over my chest. “Mr. Grey.” I wasn’t sure how much he heard. Did he know Colton tried to coerce me into dating him just so I could have his book? I suspected he didn’t otherwise Colton would be dead right now.

“Do you remember the conversation we had about this?”

“Yes.” I remembered everything we talked about. “But I don’t think you remember when I said it was just business.”

“Business is meant to be handled at the office—not at a coffee shop.”

“I know very well that a lot of your business meetings happen at five star restaurants.”

“But I’m working with other men.”

“It doesn’t matter.”

He pushed Colton’s coffee and scone to the side and leaned over the table. “It does matter.” His gray eyes darkened, moving over every feature of my face like a digital scanner. He examined the flush color of my cheeks and my slightly watery eyes. “Just this morning, we talked about our situation. It’s very important you remain safe.”

“I am safe, Christian. And just because your father wants money from you doesn’t mean he wants to hurt you.”

“You know better than anyone that everyone wants to hurt us. I’m one of the wealthiest men on the planet, Ana. And you’re my wife. If someone wants something from me, they’ll go to you.” He leaned further over the table, lowering his voice even more. “The least you can do for our family is keep yourself safe.”

“I am safe.”

“With an asshole that refuses to publish with you?” His eyebrows furrowed. “Who submits his manuscript then turns down an offer? He has psychopath written all over him.”

I couldn’t argue with that. If I told Christian what Colton and I just discussed, he would flip.

“Stay at the office until Taylor picks you up. Do you understand me?”

I would never let him boss me around, not even when it came to my safety. “Mr. Grey.” Now it was my turn to lean over the table. “I understand you perfectly. But that doesn’t mean I agree with it. If I want to go have a cup of coffee with a client, I will. Clearly, Taylor has followed me otherwise you wouldn’t know I was here. I’m not going to live my life in fear. I’m not going to look over my shoulder every other second. And I’m certainly not going to follow your orders like you’re a drill sergeant. You’ve known me for a long time, Christian. My demands have never changed.” I grabbed my tea then stood up. “I’ll see you at home.” I walked out without a backward glance and sipped my tea along the way. I could feel his intense gaze on my back, burning through my clothes and even my skin.

But I still didn’t look back.
***
At the end of the workday, Christian picked me up himself. He walked inside my office without knocking, looking like a powerhouse in his crisp suit. His dark eyes trailed over my body before he met my gaze.

His entrance was silent but his authority spoke volumes. Electricity burned in the air. I could feel it sizzle and scorch me all at once. He wanted to throw me on the desk and fuck me like he hated me.
           
“Just let me finish this email.” I typed the final sentences while he stood on the other side of my desk, staring at me the entire time. The cold look was burning deep into my skin. I could feel the ice penetrate into my bloodstream.

When I finished, I turned off the monitor then grabbed my purse. I grabbed my jacket from the coat rack and pulled it over my shoulders.

Christian maneuvered behind me and helped me get it on. He pulled my arms through the sleeves while his chest pressed into my back. Once my hands came out the other sides, he gave each wrist a purposeful squeeze.

The second I felt his touch, I felt warm.

Christian grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers before he walked me out. He kept me close to his side, attracting the attention of everyone in the room as we passed. No one ever stared at me that way. But their eyes were always glued to the infamous Christian Grey.

We rode the elevator to the bottom floor then got in the back of Taylor’s car. We were on the road and headed to our home. Soon, we would be moving to the new house we bought—closer to Christian’s parents.

Christian looked out the window, his expression matching the dreary weather outside. He hadn’t spoken to me once because he was too angry to say anything. We were always in the presence of people, so he couldn’t speak his mind.

Taylor’s car made an unexpected turn and I understood exactly where we were going. I wanted to go home and see the kids. I loved working, but I hated not seeing them all day. The second I was off work, that’s what I wanted to do.

But Christian had other plans.

We parked in the underground garage at Escala, and Christian and I entered the elevator that would take us to the apartment at the very top. The doors opened and revealed the living room where our relationship first began.

He immediately walked into the kitchen and poured himself a glass of wine. “Get ready in the playroom. I’ll be there in five minutes.” He made the command without looking at me. He stirred the wine in the glass before he took a drink. “Now.”

Unable to control me earlier today, he needed to control me now. He needed to be the dominant while I became the submissive. He needed to punish me.

I entered the playroom and followed the regiment he had prescribed. I removed all my clothes and put my hair in a braid. I kneeled by the entrance with my head down, waiting for Christian to walk inside.

Five minutes later, he did. In a pair of jeans with the top button undone, he walked inside and gathered his supplies. He grabbed a pair of cable ties and rope before he tossed them on the bed. “Come here.”
           
I rose to my feet and kept my gaze averted. I went to the red bed in the corner and waited for further instruction.

“On your stomach.”

I crawled on the bed and laid down. My hands were immediately pulled forward and he placed a cable tie around both of them. Then I was hooked to the headboard and unable to move. He did the same with my feet, my knees pressed together.

“You pissed me off today, Mrs. Grey.” He leaned over the bed and pressed a kiss to the top of my ass.

“I know.”

He spanked me hard.

“I know. Sir.” My mouth suddenly went dry when his palm struck me across the cheek.

“And what do you say, Mrs. Grey?” He rubbed my ass gently with his palm, warning me.

“I’m sorry, Sir.”

He kneaded my ass with his fingertips. “I don’t want to hear that kind of backtalk again.”

“Yes, Sir.”

He removed his jeans and boxers before he crawled on top of me. His hips were in line with mine and he inserted himself deep inside me.

I moaned when I felt him, pleasured by the magnificent stretching. I was soaked down below, wet for My Fifty. I pulled on my restraints but didn’t move an inch.

Then he thrust into me hard. My body bounced on the bed as he exerted his force on top of me. One hand wrapped around my neck, and he gripped tightly as he thrust into me again. Each one was deep and profound, making me writhe underneath him. “My job is to keep you safe, Ana. Do you understand me?”

“Yes, Sir.”
           
He pounded into me harder, making my body bounce with him as we moved together.

He sunk his teeth into my shoulder as he kept moving. The bite was playful but strong enough to make me wince. The restraints pulled tighter on my wrist, but I ignored the pain in light of the pleasure.

“Come for me, Mrs. Grey.”

Right on cue, I exploded. I tightened around him and felt my world spin. I yanked on the restraints as hard as I could and felt my back arch to a dangerous point. I moaned into the pillow underneath me, making incoherent sounds.

Christian gave a final few pumps before he released. He gave me his entire length as he deposited his entire being with me. His lips were pressed to my ear and he breathed hard through the pleasure. “Let me keep you safe, Mrs. Grey.”
***
“Mommy, my cookie looks stupid.” Teddy held up the Spiderman sugar cookie that he painted with red and blue colors. The color had smeared all over the place, and it looked like a blob of purple.

“It doesn’t look stupid, honey.” I grabbed it from his hand and took a bite. “It still tastes good.”

Teddy stared down at my cookie. It was a yellow flower with a green stem. I used a small brush to get the petal distinction and it turned out great. It looked like a sunflower in the heat of summer. “Yours looks better.”

“I’ve had more practice. You’ll get it, honey. Try again.” I placed another blank cookie on his plate.

Christian came down the hallway in dark jeans and a t-shirt. He just got out of the shower and his hair was still damp. Phoebe played on the floor, and Christian leaned down to greet her. “Hello, Beautiful.” He grabbed her small foot and gave it a gentle tickle.

She giggled and kicked her feet.

Christian kneeled there for another minute and told her about his day. Then he asked about hers even though she was too young to talk. He always treated our children like adults from the moment they were born. Whether they could understand him or not, he took time out of his day to bond with them the only way he knew how.

He walked into the kitchen and looked at our cookie project. “Those look delicious.”

“Daddy, I suck.” Teddy pointed at his first cookie. “I tried to make it look like Spiderman but it came out stupid.”

“It doesn’t look stupid.” Christian maneuvered to his side by the counter.

“Mommy’s came out good.” He pointed at mine.

“Well, she’s a had a lot more practice. That’s all.” Christian grabbed the brush and brought the cookie closer to him. “Let me show you.”

Teddy hugged his side and watched every intricate move he made.

“Ted, the key is patience.” Christian kept his eyes glued to the cookie. “Always take your time and never rush. The details are most important.” He filled in the left side of the cookie perfectly before he handed the brush over. “Now you try. Remember, go slow.”

“Alright.” Teddy took the brush and concentrated. He placed dots of paints on the area before he smoothed it out.

“You’re doing great, son.” Christian pulled his gaze away and looked at me. The corner of his lip was lifted into a smile.

I smiled back, loving the way Christian interacted with our children. He had his doubts about being a father, but once they were here, he did a remarkable job. He watched them with intelligent eyes and purposely bonded with them whenever possible. And he didn’t do it out of obligation—but because he wanted to.

Christian’s eyes moved back to the cookie when Teddy was finished. “It looks great.”

“Not as good as your side…” Teddy mumbled.

“A little more practice, and it’ll be perfect.” Christian set his hands on Teddy’s shoulder and gave him an affectionate squeeze. “Just don’t give up.”

“You never give up, Daddy. I won’t either.” Teddy held the brush to the cookie and concentrated on making the webs around Spiderman’s costume.

Christian stared down at Teddy’s face, his eyes open and emotionless. But there were a million things going on below the surface.

***

“Baby, what’s wrong?” I sat in the rocking chair and moved Phoebe back and forth. She wouldn’t stop crying even though an hour had come and gone. She wasn’t hungry and her diaper didn’t need to be changed.

I didn’t have a clue what the problem was.

Christian walked inside wearing his pajama bottoms and a t-shirt. “Everything alright?”

“She’s just fussy. Not sure what’s bothering her.”

Christian took her from my arms then placed her against his chest. He gently rocked her back and forth while he stared down into her face. “What is it, Beautiful? Daddy’s here.”

Instantly, she stopped crying.

Christian continued to sway left and right, his large hand covering most of her back. “There we go…” He rubbed her back as he cradled her to his chest. Once she drifted off to sleep, he placed her inside the crib and tucked her in.

“Sometimes a girl just needs her father,” I whispered.

He rested his hands on the edge of the crib while he peered down at our daughter. “Maybe.”

I came to his side and ran my hand down his back. I felt the muscles through his shirt and the steep curve where his back met his hips. Then I rested my cheek against his shoulder and stared down at our little girl.

“She’s been restless lately,” he whispered. “Maybe we should take her to the doctor.”

“She’s fine, Christian. She probably just wanted some attention.”

“The other night, she was crying without a reason. Concerns me.”

“She’s a baby. Babies cry.”

He stepped away from the crib and made sure the monitor was on. “I wish I could understand what she’s saying. I wish I could understand what she’s thinking.”

“One day you will. And that day will be here before you know it.”

***

On the drive to work, Christian stared out the window and watched the rain pelt against the glass. “Mrs. Grey, do you remember what we discussed yesterday?”

We discussed a lot of things, but I knew what he was referring to.

When I didn’t respond, he turned his gray eyes on me. “No leaving the office.”

“Can I use the bathroom down the hall?” I couldn’t stop myself from being a smartass. The more possessive Christian became, the harder I fought.

His eyes darkened.

“Is the copy room off limits too?”

“Mrs. Grey, I’m not amused.”

“Neither am I.”

“Cooperate or I’ll be doing business from your office. Is that what you want?”

I didn’t mind his protectiveness, but I did mind being treated like a child. “I hope you don’t talk to your employees like this. They must really hate you.”

He clenched his jaw slightly. “Taylor, put in your ear buds.”

“Yes, sir,” Taylor answered.

Now things were getting serious.

When Taylor’s ears pounded with music, and he couldn’t hear anything else, Christian spoke candidly. “I wouldn’t have to tell you what to do if you just made smart decisions. Don’t go anywhere alone. Don’t meet clients outside Grey Publishing. It’s common sense, Ana.”

I rolled my eyes.
           
His hand immediately latched around my wrist. “Don’t test me.”

“We both know you didn’t want me to meet that man because he was a man. Your lack of trust disturbs me sometimes, Christian. I’m married to you, and I gave birth to both of your children. What more do I have to do to gain your trust?”

His fingers loosened around my wrist. “That’s not the issue. All I care about is your safety.”

“You’re exaggerating the problem.”

“I’m being cautious.”

“I don’t even want to go anywhere. But I don’t appreciate being bossed around like an inferior. I’m an equal, Christian.”

His eyes dimmed as his ferocity faded away. “I don’t view you that way, Ana. In fact, you’re above me. That’s why I work so hard to keep you safe. Because without you, I would be nothing.” His eyes were glued to mine, and slowly the hurt stretched across his face.

When I heard those sweet words, I softened. “I would be nothing without you too, Christian.”

He removed his safety belt and moved to the seat beside me. His arm hooked around my shoulders and his hand cupped my cheek and forced my look on him. He stared at my lips for an instant before he kissed me. The kiss was soft but full of restrained desperation. He wanted to smother me so hard my lips were bruised. But he kept it delicate and sweet. “Would you please stay at the office until I pick you up at the end of the day.” Even now, he struggled to ask for something rather than just demand it. It went against his soul.

This was something I could work with. “Yes. I will.”



  << chapter 9  |  chapter 11 >>    

9 comments:

  1. Only started reading these this afternoon, really good. Can't stop reading. Please carry on. I find it just as good a the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading theses yesterday, let's just say there will be no house cleaning done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign-Up with EverydayFamily now and you will get stage by stage pregnancy and baby newsletters, promotions and coupons as well as access to free baby samples, coupons, baby magazines and more.

    All New Members are Enrolled to Win Free Diapers for a Whole Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you would like an alternative to randomly approaching girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you'd prefer to have women pick YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and restaurants...

    Then I encourage you to watch this short video to unveil a strange secret that has the potential to get you your own harem of hot women just 24 hours from now:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Download latest us independence day wallpapers here US INDEPENDENCE DAY WALLPAPERS

    ReplyDelete

  6. http://independencedayusa4thofjuly.com/us-independence-day-celebration-at-school-66/
    http://independencedayusa4thofjuly.com/us-independence-day-celebration-at-school-9th-grade/

    http://independencedayusa4thofjuly.com/most-us-independence-day-celebration-at-schools/
    http://independencedayusa4thofjuly.com/top-us-independence-day-celebration-at-schools/

    http://independencedayusa4thofjuly.com/how-are-us-independence-day-celebration-at-schools/
    http://independencedayusa4thofjuly.com/when-can-us-independence-day-celebration-at-schools/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important. grandparents day lines

    ReplyDelete
  8. some genuinely choice content on this internet site , saved to my bookmarks . National Grandparents Day Quotes Tom Cruise Wife

    ReplyDelete

  9. I haven't any word to appreciate this post, Really i am impressed from this post the person who create this post it was a great human, thanks for shared this with us.
    Screen Protector

    ReplyDelete