The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades | Chapter 25

The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades
Chapter Twenty-Five
Ana

I sat in front of the fireplace in my room, staring into the hearth while Teddy played on the ground with his toys. So much like his father, he had his hair and his eyes. Phoebe was asleep in her crib, having no idea of how dark the world was at the moment.

I could picture Christian’s face without even seeing him. I knew how angry he would be that I got up and left. I took his kids without a backward glance. I fled the country and into the arms of a man he trusted.

I know I hurt him.

But I didn’t know what else to do.

Crow knocked before he walked inside.

I didn’t take my eyes away from the flames. “What did he say?”

“He wants to talk to you. I told him no.”

I was grateful Crow was there. He was a mountain Christian couldn’t pass. The only mountain, actually. “I’m sorry I brought you into this. But I do appreciate everything you’ve done for us.”

He walked to the other couch and sat down. “Christian made me promise to always protect you. I’m fulfilling that promise—even if he’s the one I’m protecting you from.”

“He would never hurt us…ever. But I don’t think I can look past what he did.”

He crossed his legs and looked at the fire. “He says he wants to apologize.”

“Because I fled the country,” I said with a sarcastic laugh.

“No. I can tell he’s sincere.”

I met his gaze, seeing the dark depth of his eyes.

“He looks like a man who’s lost everything. I know that because I see that man every day when I look in the mirror.”

I didn’t ask about his past or the things that kept him up at night. I knew he would never tell me his secrets. “You think I should forgive him?”

“I think you should hear him out. He’s going to stay next door until he finally gets a word with you. I can promise you that. He’s not going anywhere.”

“I would expect nothing less.”

“Take some time to cool off. But when you’re ready, you should talk to him.”

I nodded because I knew he was right.

He left the couch and walked out of the room. “I’ll be in my office if you need me.”

“Okay. Good night.”

“He did say something else.” Crow paused at the door before he closed it.

“Hmm?” I didn’t turn around to look at him.

“Tell Mrs. Grey I love her.”
***

I spent the next week lounging around the Tuscan estate. Sometimes I took the kids swimming or on walks through the vineyards. No matter what I did to occupy myself, I continued to think about Christian.

Teddy asked about him sometimes, and I always had to lie.

I hated that.

My finger didn’t feel the same without my wedding ring. It felt naked and cold, like a part of me was missing. That constant weight accompanied me everywhere I went, from work to bed. Not having it threw me off balance. Mrs. Fifty Shades was who I was. Without that, I didn’t know myself anymore.

At the end of the week, I knew Christian would come. He wasn’t a patient man, especially when it came to his family. Eventually, he would come to the house in a bulldozer and rip the building apart piece by piece.

I heard the doorbell.

I was sitting in the dining room when it rang through the house. Teddy and Phoebe were having lunch, and I was staring out the window, wondering what Christian was doing in that very moment.

Crow walked inside and gave me a simple look. That was all he needed to do.

I stared back and didn’t know what to say.

“Are you ready? I can tell him you need more time.”

I didn’t have an answer. “What do you think?”

He crossed his arms over his chest. “I can tell him to leave but he’s barely hanging on. It’s only a matter of time before he breaks in and snatches you.”

I knew he wasn’t kidding. “I’ll talk to him.”

Crow walked out and told him the news.

I asked Lars to watch the kids before I walked to the front door. Crow was waiting there with the door shut, wearing a dark suit with a colored tie. He gave me a nod before he walked away. “Let me know if you need anything.” He walked into the dining room and joined the children.

I stared at the front door and sighed before I finally walked out.

Christian stood next to one of the pillars, his back to me as he surveyed the fields across the road. When he heard the door shut, he finally turned around. His eyes were no longer grey, but two spots of black. He looked unusually pale like he hadn’t slept or eaten in weeks. He didn’t look angry like I assumed he would.

He looked lost.

I actually felt bad for him.

“Ana.” He stepped closer to me with his hands in the pockets of his jeans. His arms shook slightly, telling me he kept his hands hidden so he wouldn’t grab me. “I made a mistake, and I admit that. I should have listened to you.”

That wasn’t enough for me, so I remained quiet.

“I called Elena and confronted her. She folded.”

Took him long enough.

“Ana, I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. You were right when you said my affection for her clouded my focus. She’s the only friend I’ve ever had besides Crow, and it’s hard to admit that you truly can’t trust anyone. I apologize for not making you feel safe. I apologize for letting you down. I apologize…for everything.”

It wasn’t like him to admit he was wrong. Just that confession was substantial coming from a man like Christian.

“I’ve informed my lawyer about the situation and they’re taking it from there. There’s not much evidence to incriminate her, but if I can find something, I won’t stop until I get the justice we all deserve. I’ll never forgive her for trying to take my kids…for trying to hurt you.” His eyes formed a thin layer of moisture. It was so slight it was hardly noticeable. “If you don’t want to be with me anymore…” He ran his fingers through his hair when he couldn’t finish the sentence. “I’ll let you go. After what I’ve done, I don’t deserve you. But I hope that you won’t punish me more by taking the kids away from me. I love them. Please don’t make this more difficult than it needs to be.”

If he was willing to let me go, then I knew he was really sorry. He fought for the things he thought he was entitled to. He strived for the things he deserved. The fact that he was stepping aside was an admission of everything he’d done.

He stared at me with that same look of brokenness, looking just as lost as I felt.

I felt the distance between as the steel around my heart slowly fell away.

He continued to look at me like he expected me to say something. “Do you want me to leave, Ana?”

I would love this man forever, no matter what he did or said. I knew underneath that rough exterior he had a heart of gold. He would do anything for me and the kids, but he was confused in this situation. Every touch and every kiss was better than the last, and I would never look at him as anything else besides my husband. “It’s Mrs. Grey.”
   <<  chapter 24   |  epilogue  >>

21 comments:

  1. I was hoping everything. Was in a little more detailed it seemed rushed. I hated that it ended i wish it was more elaborated on the elena part when he busted her etc.
    Or figure out if she was gonna try something else that was too easy.
    I hope you publish this book and give us more close to the end.
    Overall i love the series and think you're a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I wish we could have one own why Elena did what she did. Definitely could have been more detailed.

      Delete
    2. NO I DON'T WANT IT TO END!! I LOVE YOUR BOOKS I HAVE READ THEM OVER AND OVER! HOPING TO SEE LOTS MORE IN THE FUTURE!!! PLEASE DON'T STOP WRITING I'M A BIG FAN!!!

      Delete
    3. I loved their storyline. I wish you could have elaborated more on Elena's involvement. But other than that. I Love Ana and Christian. So please continue writing. I also love this new character " Crow ". He's very mysterious. So I will be reading Buttons and Lace.

      Delete
  2. I loved this book but I wish it didn't have to end or the chapters were a little longer but other than that I enjoyed the book and can't wait until the next Buttons & Lace comes out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. But hated that it had to end !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story but the ending was somewhat of a let down. Overall, it was a good job. I'm hoping you ended it the way you did so that it leaves the opportunity open for a second book to "Mrs. Fifty". Please continue this storyline so that we can read what Christian has in store for Elena.

    I also have read the first book in the "Button" series and I loved it. Can't hardly wait until the next book, "Button and Hate", is available

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed it, but truthfully wished their reunion was more. Also, I was looking forward to Crow's army and Christian having to fight hard ,and that he only called Elena and we never found out what came of it sucks. Plus, the end should of had some more romance. Cuz he just got out of the dog house and should be sucking up big time. I know u rushed it cuz you had an emergency ,but next time dont please. Thank u for your chapters !😁 I guess npw i need to go get Buttons and Lace!😍 I think Crow is a cool character. Ttyl a true fan of ur fiction ,Laura Shadwick

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always you have out done yourself. Don't listen to all the negative comments it was wonderful. I for one would like to say your wonderful and im glad to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an amazing author! I love everything of yours that I have read. Don't let any of the haters get you down. With buttons and lace coming out and working on the other two novels in the series I know you are busy. Mrs 50 was a great read. Maybe at some point you could add more in but with it being a fan fiction it was amazing. I hope you publish it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good story but the end was so rushed. I was expecting more.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Quick question. Where can i read this book online if there is a full book on this ?!

      Delete
  9. Loved the story line. I agree, the part where Eleana finally gets busted could have been elaborated on as well as her connection with Christian's father. Thank you for writing this and sharing it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I love that you came out with this. I think you should publish it. You are a great author and don't let anybofy tell you different. There is always going to be hate everywhere and anywhere we go in life BUT this chapter was pretty good BUT this is always the only chapter i keep seeing. Is there somewhere i can read the book online or something ?! Have a great blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved it i hate i finished it in a day i need more

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved it i hate i finished it in a day i need more

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was good. Needs more detail about Elena. More chapters or another book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you would like an alternative to randomly flirting with girls and trying to figure out the right thing to do...

    If you would rather have women hit on YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded pubs and night clubs...

    Then I urge you to view this short video to unveil a amazing secret that has the power to get you your own harem of attractive women:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete