The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades | Chapter 22

The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades

Chapter Twenty-Two
Christian


When I got married, Grace gave me some advice.

Never go to bed angry.

Now we lay side by side in the king size bed. Her back was turned to me and she hugged the edge of the mattress just to stay away from me. I stared at the ceiling as the night deepened into early morning. Without looking at her face, I knew she was still awake.

I’m sure Grace meant something different when she gave me that advice, but I took my own interpretation.

I wrapped my arms around her hips and dragged her across the sheets until she was in the center of the bed.

She tried to fight me, knowing exactly what I was doing. She pushed my arm back but her skinny arms were completely ineffective.

I pinned her underneath me then pulled her panties off. My legs separated her thighs, and I pressed myself to her entrance.

She still fought against me but she never told me to stop.

I shoved myself inside her, her hands pinned to either side of her head. I stared into her eyes and forced her gaze to lock on my face. She tried to fight the enjoyment she experienced. She purposely kept her mouth shut and her eyes cold. But after a few thrusts, her hips moved with mine, and she couldn’t resist how we felt together. Within seconds, she was moaning for me.

I was just as angry with her as she was with me, but sex seemed to fix everything. It told me we would be okay despite the tension between us. And I knew sex was something Ana couldn’t resist. I could get her to conform to any demand once I made her feel good. Every time she wanted to leave me in the beginning of our relationship, I rocked her world and convinced her to stay.

And it still worked.

***

When I woke up the following morning, I realized my plan wasn’t as effective as I hoped. Ana wasn’t curled into my side. In fact, she'd already woken up and left for work before my alarm went off.

And that was saying something since I was always awake at the crack of dawn.

“Fuck.”

I got ready for the day, said good morning to the kids, and then headed off to work. I drove myself since Ana was driven by Taylor’s temporary replacement. I didn’t mind since I needed some time to cool off before I walked into the office.

After I parked in the garage and walked to the door, I saw the media appear out of nowhere. Like they knew I was going into work that day, they swarmed me. I didn’t even tell Andrew I was coming in today, so they must have been camped out there every morning, just waiting for me to show my face.

I hate people.

I kept my head down and avoided their incessant questions. Cameras flashed in my face and people invaded my personal space. Despite how tense it made me, I pushed through the doors and finally got inside.

I took the elevator to my floor while everyone stared at me through the glass. Somehow, word had spread like wildfire. With every second I was in the building, thousands of employees were learning I was there.

At the top floor, I stepped out of the elevator and walked past the front desk. I said hello to everyone who said hello to me. But most people stared at me in shock because they weren’t expecting me.

Andrea was most surprised of all. “Mr. Grey…I didn’t know you were coming in.” She stumbled around her desk and came to my side, walking in stride. “Is there anything I can get you? Anything you need me to do?”

“Just some coffee. Black.” I walked in and shut the door. The silence of my office greeted me, and I loved the sound. I walked to my desk and sat down. The chair was the same one I’d been using for years, but now it felt foreign.

I stared at my computer without making a move. Then I looked at the phone on my desk. I had a lot of things to get done, but all I could do was think about Ana. I gave into my insecurity and called her.

I got her assistant. “Mrs. Grey’s office.”

I loved hearing that title. “It’s Mr. Grey. May I speak with her, please?”

“Of course. Let me put you on hold.” She hit the button, and I listened to the promotional recording for Grey House. Then she came back on the phone a moment later. “She’s…busy right now.”

Judging the hesitance in her voice, Ana wasn’t busy. She just didn’t want to speak to me. “Thank you.” I hung up and stared at the phone again, feeling worse by the second. My opinion on the argument hadn’t changed. But I didn’t want to disrupt what we had. I needed to know we would be okay. She left me once and it was insufferable. I couldn’t go through that again.

I called her cell phone this time. It rang several times before it went to voicemail.

“Fuck.”

I leaned back in the chair and stared at my empty office. The chairs were vacant and the large door was bigger than necessary. The plane Ana got me sat at the edge, exactly where I placed it years ago. The picture frame of the four of us at Christmas was there as well. My office was sparse and fairly empty. The only items I had came from Ana and the kids. To someone who didn’t know me, I looked like a family man.

And I was a family man.

My cell phone rang and Ana’s name appeared on the screen. Shocked that she was calling me, I stared at it for thirty seconds before I answered. When I did, I didn’t speak. And neither did she.

It wasn’t comfortable silence.

She spoke first. “Is there something you wanted, Christian?”

The guilt of avoiding my calls got to her. She couldn’t keep her distance for me very long. She cracked and crumbled.

“I just wanted you to know that I love you.” When it came down to it, that was the very reason I was calling. I had nothing to say about our previous argument. Everything was said and done. But I was fishing for something. Ana changed me so much I couldn’t wrap my mind around it. If a woman walked away from me, I never chased her. If a woman disagreed with me, she could leave. But with Ana, I was constantly chasing her, constantly trying to keep her as mine. Was that love? Or was that fanatical obsession?

Ana didn’t make a sound in response. She sat on the phone for nearly a minute without saying anything.

I actually feared she wouldn’t say it back.

She said one sentence before she hung up. “I love you too, Christian—no matter what.”

***
I pushed past the paparazzi as I headed to my car in the garage. They followed me the entire way, pushing cameras and microphones in my face. They all asked their questions at the exact same time like I could answer them even if I wanted to.

When I was in the car, I pulled out of the garage and finally got away. The worst thing about those encounters was my inability to say and do what I really wanted. All those cameras were pointed at me, and if I lost my temper, I would look like a jackass.

Even though they were the assholes.

I drove to the restaurant then walked inside. I called Elena earlier that day and asked her to meet me for dinner. She didn’t seem surprised by the call, and like always, she didn’t say much. She was different than most women I knew in that regard.

I slid into the booth across from her and unbuttoned the front of my jacket. “Elena.”

Her blonde hair framed her face in delicate curls, and her dark eye makeup made her eyes smolder. There were small hints of age on her face, thin lines around the corners of her mouth and her eyes. “Christian. I’m glad to see that you’re looking better.”

I lost ten pounds in captivity and it was difficult to gain back. Without nutrition, my muscles quickly atrophied and became weak. The lack of water also made me thin out. A proper diet, exercise, and sleep brought me back to my former self. “Thanks. I am too.” I waved down the waiter and we ordered our drinks and our dinner. I didn’t tell Ana I was meeting Elena tonight but she would probably figure it out when I didn’t come home at my usual time.

Elena held her liquor like a pro. She could drink more than I could and not appear affected. She was calloused and cold, very similar to the man I was. Ruthless businesswoman in the boardroom and a dictator in the bedroom, she was the kind of woman who knew exactly what she wanted. “Ana must have been worried.” Elena never told me she disliked Ana, but she didn’t hide it in her tone.

“She was.”

“Where was she?” She finished her glass then poured another.

“I arranged for her to be taken to a safe house in the event something happened to me.”

She stared at me with an unreadable gaze. She swirled her wine but didn’t take a sip. “Christian Grey is always prepared.”

“Always.” The conversation between us was a lot more forced than it used to be. Perhaps because we hadn’t spoken face to face in years. Ana made her dislike very clear, and Elena and I didn’t have much to talk about anyway. “How did you find me, Elena?”

She took a long drink of her wine before she spoke. “Your PI came forward and said you’d been asking questions about this man who claimed to be your birth father. The police looked into it but couldn’t find him anywhere. I knew he was a widow so I looked into his wife’s assets. There was nothing obvious, but when I checked her maiden name, a property popped up. And that’s where you were being held.”

She figured that out but the police didn’t? That didn’t give me a lot of faith in the police department. “I’m glad you figured that out. If it took any longer, I would have died.”

Her face was just as hard as it was in the beginning of the conversation. “Christian, we wouldn’t have allowed that to happen.”

I knew Ana was being paranoid. Elena had a perfectly acceptable explanation for how she located me before the police. Now Ana’s theory seemed even more preposterous than before.

“Is that why you wanted to have dinner tonight?” she asked. “To find out how we found you?”

“Yes,” I answered. “And to thank you. If I never saw Ana or the kids again, I would have died a very unhappy man.”

Again, her face was unreadable. “I’ve seen pictures of them. They’re both very cute.”

“Thank you.”

Instead of the comfortable silence we used to share, it was tense. Our professional and business relationship wasn’t the same as it used to be. “How’s Ana?” She spotted the pink elephant in the room and ripped it to shreds.

“She’s struggled to adjust. She was shaken up for a while.”

“Can’t blame her. I wish the police had killed that man when they rescued you. He doesn’t deserve to sit behind bars and take another breath.”

“I’d kill him myself if I had the chance.” It wasn’t about revenge. It was simply tying up loose ends. If he was buried in the ground, I wouldn’t have to worry about him coming after me later. It was just easier to kill him.

“So, where was Ana hiding?” she asked. “Somewhere in Seattle?”

It was the second time she asked the question, which I found odd. “Not in Seattle. She stayed with a good friend of mine.” I didn’t give up the information because of distrust. It was simply easier to keep it to myself. Someone could be eavesdropping or recording me at that very moment. I didn’t spill secrets in uncertain circumstances.

Elena didn’t ask the question again, knowing she wouldn’t get an answer.

“How are you?” I didn’t ask the polite question in the beginning when I should have. After all, this woman saved me. She deserved some respect.

“Good. The salon is doing well, and I opened up a health food restaurant near the market.”

I nodded. “I’ll have to give it a try sometime.”

“And get your hair done too.” She winked.

Elena used to do my hair, and then we would have some fun with the scissors. But that wasn’t something I needed to reflect on anymore. “Are you seeing anyone?” I knew she didn’t do relationships. Before and after she got divorced, it was never on her mind. The lifestyle I used to enjoy was something she could never give up. She was independent, smart, and insatiable. There wasn’t a single man in the world who could satisfy her.

“There was this one man but that fell apart. His wife found out.”

I became her submissive knowing she was married. At the time, I didn’t care about her infidelity. And I didn’t feel like a man breaking up a marriage. But now that I was married with two kids of my own, I realized how wrong it was. I shouldn’t have crossed that line, even if Elena’s husband didn’t love her anymore. I didn’t regret what Elena and I had, but I certainly regretted the fact I slept with a married woman. “Are they still together?”

“Not sure. We haven’t spoken since she caught us. If they were getting a divorce, I would assume I’d have heard from him. But since I haven’t, they must be giving the marriage another try.”

I noticed Elena had a certain proclivity toward people that were committed. She started this lifestyle when she was married herself, and she sought out men who were encumbered. “Is cheating a fetish for you?”

“No. I prefer it so they won’t expect anything more from me. You know what I mean.”

 I did. I didn’t want anything more until Ana came along. She told me to forget the rules and give her real romance. Despite my resistance, I caved. But I didn’t have any regrets. Now I understood what being happy really meant.

“Are the two of you still happy together?”

The question offended me, but I knew Elena meant well so I brushed it off. “Yes.”

“I see.” She broke eye contact and looked across the restaurant.

The question was odd but I didn’t want to continue down that road of conversation. “Thank you for locating me. Ana and I both appreciate it.”

“Of course, Christian. I would never let anything happen to you. We’ve got each other forever.”

My fingers rested around the stem of the glass and I let her words sink in. Elena was the only other friend I had in the world besides Crow, but due to the nature of our previous relationship, we could never be close. We couldn’t talk the way we used to and share our secrets. Even if sex wasn’t involved, I knew that would be wrong. If Ana was close with a man she used to sleep with, it would drive me crazy. I would be driven insane with jealousy until my head exploded. “It’s nice to see you.” I suspected I wouldn’t see her much after this evening.

“You too, Christian.”

***

I walked inside the house and was immediately tackled by Teddy. He ran right into my knees and nearly knocked me over by the surprise attack. “Whoa…” I looked down and saw my son’s smiling face peer up at me. “Teddy, be careful. You’re too strong.” I kneeled down and picked him up.

“Strong like you?”

My eyes softened at the comment. “Stronger than me.” I placed a kiss to his forehead and felt my tension ebb away. I walked into the house with dread because I knew Ana was still pissed at me. But Teddy made everything so much better. I put him down then walked into the kitchen. Ana stood at the counter as she cooked, her back to me.

I stood at the kitchen island and waited for her to acknowledge me. If she didn’t give me the attention my silence commanded, I would have to take it. My body tensed for the affection I needed, and I couldn’t stand this brush off. If the kids weren’t in the house, I would have thrown her on the counter and fucked her hatred out of her.

She turned off the stove then carried the pan to the island. She knew I was there the entire time because she didn’t rest her eyes on me. Like I didn’t exist, she ignored me.

I gripped the edge of the counter, my anger simmering. “How was your day?”

“Good. Yours?”

We had an agreement not to fight or argue in front of the kids. It was an environment we didn’t want for either of them. So we put up a show. “Uneventful. Didn’t get much done.”

“I skimmed through two manuscripts today. My eyes hurt.” She placed the food on plates, and then set the pan in the sink to soak.

“I’m always here to give you a massage.”

She ignored the advance and moved to the dinner table. “Teddy, dinner is ready.”

He was playing with his toys in the living room. “I’m not hungry.”

Ana’s mommy voice came out in full blast. “Sit down now.”

Teddy immediately obeyed.

She placed Phoebe in the high chair next then sat down beside her. Like nothing was wrong, she fed Phoebe and ate her own dinner at the same time.

I knew our conversation wouldn’t happen until the kids were asleep so I sat down and ate. Ana’s coldness was like a bad taste in my mouth but I ate anyway. If I excused myself from the table, Teddy wouldn’t eat his dinner and that would cause a headache of its own.

So we ate together in silence.

***

The kids were asleep and we were alone in our bedroom. She lay on her side of the bed reading while I lay on the other side and stared at the ceiling. Her use of the cold shoulder was highly effective. The silence was worse than the argument we had the night before.

I sat up and rested my back against the headboard. “Ana.”

She sighed before she set down her book.

“We need to talk about this.” I wanted this fight to be over and done. I didn’t want to go to work the next day and be distracted by my wife’s anger. We’d been through hell and back, and now we should just be happy.

“Okay.” She set the book on her nightstand.

“I saw Elena today.”

Ana didn’t react but her anger filled the room. Her breathing increased and she crossed her arms over her chest. “What did that child molester say?”

I didn’t bother defending her. “I asked how she figured out where I was. She explained she researched the man’s late wife. She didn’t have any assets, but when she looked under her maiden name, she found a house in the woods. She notified police and that’s when they rescued me.”

Ana pulled her knees to her chest, becoming smaller and smaller.

“She asked how we were doing and where you were hidden during the ordeal.”

“And did you tell her?”

“No.”

“Why did she ask such a question?” Ana finally looked at me, her eyes narrowed.

I thought it was odd too but I didn’t think there was anything to analyze. “I think it’s a reasonable question.”

“I don’t.”

“But she did ask me twice.”

Conviction was in her eyes. “And did you tell her then?”

“No. I would never give that information to anyone, not even my parents.”

Satisfied, she looked away.

“But I still don’t think Elena had anything to do with it.”

“What else did you talk about? I want to know everything.”

Why didn’t she just come to dinner with us then? “She told me she was seeing someone but they went their separate ways.”

“Because he turned eighteen?” she jabbed.

“No. He’s married and his wife found out.”

“Disgusting…” She shook her head, repulsed. “I’m sorry, Christian. But that woman is evil. I don’t understand why you have so much respect for her. She’s a homewrecker.”

“I don’t agree with her actions, Ana. And when we were together, she was married. So I’m no better.”

“Christian, you were fifteen. You’re a different person now. She’s an adult and has been an adult for thirty years.” Venom flew from her mouth like she was deranged. She could never see straight when it came to Elena. “What else?”

“She asked how we were doing.”

“In what way?”

“She just asked if we were still happy together.”

Her eyebrow raised. “Do you really not see it? First, she wanted to know where I was hiding—and she asked twice. Second, she magically figured out where you were hiding just before you couldn’t go on any longer. Third, she’s not seeing anyone and wants to know how your marriage is doing. Christian, she wants you back and is trying to get rid of me to make it happen.”

I actually wanted to roll my eyes. “Ana, no.”

“Yes!”

“No.” Even if Elena wanted me, she would never do that. “If Elena wanted us to be together again, she would just outright tell me. She would make a move in the middle of the restaurant. She wouldn’t pull these ridiculous stunts to make it happen.”

“She knows you’re happily married, Christian. The only way for her to get what she wants is by getting rid of me.”

“You’re being ridiculous, Ana.”

“No. I’m really not.”

Maybe I should have Elena permanently removed from my life even though she rescued me. Because Ana was never going to accept her under any terms. Her jealousy and paranoia caused her to fabricate these ridiculous ideas that simply weren’t possible. If I talked to Elena and explained the situation, I was sure she would understand. If she were married, her husband wouldn’t want me anywhere near Elena. “I’ll talk to her and remove her from my life. Would that make things better?”

“What?” she asked incredulously. “That doesn’t solve anything.”

So there was no solution?

“You aren’t listening to me, Christian. This woman tried to have me killed.”

She was still on this theory?

“She’s a threat. She’s a threat to me, the kids, and you. The only thing we should be doing is calling the police.”

I rubbed the back of my neck, feeling my muscles grow stiff. “How many times do I have to tell you she isn’t a threat?”

She raised her voice, her eyes wide with emotion. “Are you really telling me there’s not even a tiny ounce of doubt in your mind? Are you really telling me there’s not the slightest possibility that I could be right? You’re the most paranoid and protective person in the world. And you’re acting like this is just impossible?”

I looked away, feeling the tension rise between us.

“Christian.”

“I guess there’s a very small chance you’re right. But I don’t think so.”

“And you’re willing to gamble your wife on it?” She gave me a new look altogether. It was full of hurt and maniacal anger. Ana was normally the calm and practical one of the two of us. But she turned into a savage fighter when it came to Mrs. Robinson. She would never let this go as long as we lived. “That’s it, Christian. I’m telling Grace.”

My heart stopped—right then and there. “Telling her what?”

“I’m telling her that her ex-best friend could be involved.”

Now it was my turn to be angry. My rage grew to an explosive level. “Ana.” I was too pissed off to say anything else. All I could do was warn her with the tone of my voice.

“Christian.” She turned off her bedside lamp and turned on her side.

“Ana.” I grabbed her arm and forced her onto her back. “You aren’t telling Grace a damn thing, alright?”

“I can do whatever I want, Christian. This family needs to understand how much of a psychopath that woman really is.”

I tried to convince myself she was just angry and lashing out. Her rage had reached a new level and she was saying things she didn’t mean. If I gave her time to cool off, she would think clearly again.

I had to pull away and remain calm. I had to give her the space she needed.






   <<  chapter 21   |  chapter 23  >>




107 comments:

  1. :-O oh my goodness!!! This just keeps getting better and better!!! The only thing I'd point out is that Grace already knew about Christian and Elena. This story is amazing though and I'm truly disappointed that there's going to be a two week break before there are more chapters. Keep up the amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about Grace already knowing about Christian and Elena that's only hiccup so far unless she tells her all the details in their relationship

      Delete
    2. She wasn't saying implying Grace didn't know about them being together. But about her possibly being part of the kidnappings. So she was saying that she was going to tell Grace about her theory of Mrs. R being involved.

      Delete
    3. Yeah it really has nothing to do with their relationship. Grace knows about that. Ana just want her to know that Elena kidnapped and tortured your son, tried to have your daughter in law killed and take your grandkids. That's all. I love it and cant wait for the next chapters. Im totally on Anas side. Elena was soooo involved

      Delete
    4. I agree she needs to get Grace on her side with her thoughts on Mrs.R's kidnapping scheme … bc Mrs.R is most DEFINITELY involved in some way, shape or form! Also, I still think the mysterious new author that had his manuscript magically appear on Ana's desk with her staff completely clueless as to where it came from is involved in some way … he just gave me the creeps! I'm impatiently awaiting the rest of the book!! This books needs to be properly published, in its entirety ASAP … I'd buy it in a heartbeat!!!

      Delete
    5. This is getting so good man can't wait 11/8

      Delete
    6. She's talking about telling Grace about Elenas involvement in the lastest kidnapping crisis.

      Delete
  2. Yaasssss this is great! ^^Ashley, I don't think they ever went into gory details though, but I think telling Grace straight out would piss her off. Lol
    This is so wonderful. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it but Elena and Grace should not even be talking after Grace slapped her and told her get outta my house. Can't wait for more chapters!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what i was thinking. I cant believe she said she was in her debt. I understand elena found him and all, after she was probably the one who took him. But grace just needed to be grateful to have her son back and keep it moving.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for the next chapter. I agree with Ashley, grace already knew but I hope Ana tell grace about her theory. And I know that she has something to do with the kidnnaping. That woman is crazyyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wasn't meaning about Christian and Mrs. Robinson's past relationship, she was meaning about the possible involvement in the kidnapping.

      Delete
  5. Y do we have to wait two whole weeks it's just painful enough to wait one week image to two weeks but I can't wait to read more of this thrilling book and hope u are doing better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y do we have to wait two whole weeks it's just painful enough to wait one week image to two weeks but I can't wait to read more of this thrilling book and hope u are doing better

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The story is great but Ashley is right. Grace did know about Elena and Christian. Also how can anyone look into the penthouse? Overall the story is turning out great. I can't wait until your book come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wasn't meaning about Christian and Mrs. Robinson's past relationship, she was meaning about the possible involvement in the kidnapping.

      Delete
    2. you can look in the penthouse from top of other building with a long lens camera

      Delete
    3. They don't live in the penthouse! They have a house so u can see inside of a house! they kept the penthouse for fun and games.

      Delete
    4. But the last chapter said they went home to Escala. BUT I thought she said the childrend never went there, it was like you said, just for them. Yes they have a house and I thought he just bought another one closer to Teddy's school. So if they went HOME to Escala, how possible is it to see into it, like how it is implied in these chapters?

      Delete
  8. Now I have to wait two weeks!!! How will I survive??😖😖😫😩😩

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace knew elena and christian had a sexual relationship, thats why she slapped the shit outta her and told her to get out and never come back. But grace dont know about the BDSM lifestyle. (Not hating) I love where this story is heading. Keep up the good work! 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wasn't meaning about Christian and Mrs. Robinson's past relationship, she was meaning about the possible involvement in the kidnapping.

      Delete
  10. Two weeks (why) I want more of
    It. I can't wait for more. I hope Ana doesn't say anything to Christian's mother Grace bout his life Style,that would just break him more and I don't think he,would look at her the same,way,anymore tha would be it for him. I hoping she claims down and keeps it to her self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think Ana ever intended to tell Grace about their BDSM relationship. But i also think it was a little childish for Ana to tell his mom anything. That should stay between them until she can definitely prove it

      Delete
    2. She wasn't meaning about Christian and Mrs. Robinson's past relationship, she was meaning about the possible involvement in the kidnapping.

      Delete
  11. Omg....I believe Ana, I think the b itch troll is involved, plus, the way the tortured him with cigarette burns, who other than his family knew this, ELENA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY !!!! He needs to dwell on that thought for a little while. Only a handful of people knew about those and his biological father definitely wasnt one of them.

      Delete
    2. EXACTLY !!!! He needs to dwell on that thought for a little while. Only a handful of people knew about those and his biological father definitely wasnt one of them.

      Delete
  12. I think Ana should hire a private investigator... or get Taylor to check it out. He hates her almost as much as Ana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what i was thinking. She should do this, get her proof, then let everybody know !!

      Delete
    2. This is what i was thinking. She should do this, get her proof, then let everybody know !!

      Delete
  13. Wasn't Ana's mom in Savanna Georgia not Arizona?. ..love the story though and why are they at the pinhouse and not at there home ? Can't wait for the next chapters .. is this gonna be a book we can order?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wasn't Ana's mom in Savanna Georgia not Arizona?. ..love the story though and why are they at the pinhouse and not at there home ? Can't wait for the next chapters .. is this gonna be a book we can order?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg. I can't wait for the next chapter!! I think she slept with the Dad because of the resemblance and she was in on the kidnapping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! Sucks to wait that long. Oh, as soon as I read about Crow I was soooo happy to hear that Buttons & Lace is about him😛

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a great two chapters!! I am with everyone else I think Elena is involved and will come after Anna next. I am a little confused about the hole I am telling Grace about Elena she already knows. I do have to say 2 weeks if a very long time to wait it will be the longest 2 weeks of my life. I do hope you have a great few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wants to tell Grace that she thinks Elena was behind the kidnapping to get rid of her.

      Delete
    2. She wants to tell Grace that she thinks Elena was behind the kidnapping to get rid of her.

      Delete
  18. OMG! I can't wait... You are Brill!iant! Keep it coming!:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! I can't wait... You are Brill!iant! Keep it coming!:D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not really understanding. I liked to have never found the new chapters, they was not posted or e mailed to me??? I'm hoping i get the next chapters, i'm loving everything that you have written. Can't wait for the next new chapters..LOL it will be my divorce present...Have a great two weeks can't wait to keep reading..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't wait till the next chapters come. 2 wks is a long time to wait but can understand needing a break considering everybody has a life. Keep up the excellent work and look forward to the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cant wait for more chapters but 2 wks its hard enough to wait 1 wk.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh,boy November 8th can't come soon enough

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, boy November 8th can't come soon enough

    ReplyDelete
  25. November 8th is just too far away!! This story is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH DEAR!!! left sitting on the edge of my seat again. Anna is right i think and I love this storyline. more more more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. hope this does not end bad ,ana is right i'm sure off it . just let's see mrs robinson so her real colours and let ana be the one to prove it. keep writing want a lot more .

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving this story can't wait for the next chapters think we are waiting 2 whole weeks because their is even more chapters to come.
    Anna is right that mrs Robinson is behind the kidnapping

    ReplyDelete
  29. For a brilliant man, Christian's a dumbass when it comes to Elena lol & he always says Ana's nieve when it came to Jose & other guys

    ReplyDelete
  30. Elena was definitely actually super suspicious. I ask myself if she knows who Crow is and could figure it out in her own. Seeing as how Christian admits to only having two friends... guess I'll find out how good my sleuth skills are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. It wasn't too smart of Christian to specifically say she was athe a goodifferent friends house. Why even take it that far? She was safe, period.

      Delete
  31. Omg 2 weeks is to long. The story I'd getting to deep and good for a long wait. Keep up the good work. Hopefully it's more than 1 chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Christian is in denial. Of course she was involved, and he is just going to side with her. Well, if it goes south and Ana was right, he is going to feel like such a jack a*% . Good chapters, really like your story.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just amazing. So sad that we have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapters. But hopefully there will be a lot more to read. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't like waiting to begin with and 2 weeks I'm going to go crazy waiting, pls don't stop

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a really great story, I can't wait to see what Ana do next

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wasn't Elena sort of involved when Ana was taken by Hyde in Fifty shades freed? Her husband certainly had a hand in it. How do we know she isn't trying to get rid of Ana..by holding Christian that long, maybe she was trying to force Ana out of hiding...interesting turn...love this story so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember Linc having a part in that. Hyde was from Christian's childhood in Detroit (right? Detroit?). Was Elana's husband involved?

      Delete
    2. Yes he paid to get hyde out of jail. As pay back for Elana's relationship with Christian

      Delete
  37. Ok, Christian...Ana has a point!!!!! Elena wants Christian back, end of story she is trying to make herself look like a hero. Tell Grace now...more BXTCH slapping later on and I can't wait...Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ok, Christian...Ana has a point!!!!! Elena wants Christian back, end of story she is trying to make herself look like a hero. Tell Grace now...more BXTCH slapping later on and I can't wait...Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  39. But will Christian be prepared this time when Elena comes after Ana? He (like a dumb ass) thinks the threat is over.....he thinks he's in jail. So he has no back up plan to make sure that Ana and the kids are taken care of swept away.

    Elena is most definitely involved. How can he be so stupid and blind. Ana has a valid point that he won't even let his mind think that she could be involved or that she is evil or even immoral. She needs to stay mad at him til he wakes up. There's no defense of her abuse or taking advantage of him and Ana needs to stay on the argument of what if it had been Phoebe at 15 or Teddy. He can't defend that.

    Her only alternative is to tell Grace. It at least gives her the back up she needs because of Christian not being there for her. She needs to do this just in case/when Elena strikes again. And you know she will. She's nuts when it comes to him!! Especially when it comes to Christian. Maybe Christian should explore how his father found him and who was helping him. Elena said he had no assets?? How did he fund this kidnapping if he had no money? Those thugs that took him and Ana aren't cheap....how did he know about the cigarette burns? He's not thinking. I know he doesn't think Elena a child molester because then he'd have to look at himself as a victim. Wake up Christian. I think you need to start looking at the value of your family instead of the value of a friendship that wasn't even that to begin with.

    I'm in the group of not wanting to wait two weeks for an update!!! Do we get four chapters since we have to wait an extra week?...lol. Seems only fair. Byour story is really good. Love a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, exactly, exactly! He freaks out over anyone who crosses Ana's path and he definitely doesn't want to admit that Ana is right in feeling how she does. And Christian has such a negative view of himself that he'll never say that Elana was in the wrong. But again, he's right to an extent about being a 15 year old male. Yes she was older. Yes she "took advantage" of him, but come on a 15 year old guy....probably not that hard to take advantage. When he was 15, he was violent and aggressive. It's not like he was a shy, quiet bookworm. He was violent and she trained him with violence. Yes it was wring. Yes Elana is in the wrong, but Ana doesn't fully accept the complete reality of the whole picture.

      Delete
  40. What ever happened to christian sister ,she is never mentioned when the family meets...and loving the chapters please keep them coming...cant wait...

    ReplyDelete
  41. I wish that you would make this into a paperback book. I love reading his and I grow more excited every time a chapter comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I really think you should get published. This would eh a great continuation on the movies

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMG men can be so dense sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Omg we have to wait two weeks! I can hardly wait one week let alone two, but I understand. You're doing a great job with this, I've been hooked since I started reading. But I thought Ana went to Savannah Georgia to visit her mom?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Still loving this story Really sad that we have to wait two weeks to find out what's next. I love the way both Ana and Christian have matured in this story - going through all the "real life" struggles every husband and wife do at some time in their lives. Keep it going - avid follower and fan!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh man I really don't want to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter this is going to kill me

    ReplyDelete
  47. Omg I can't wait two weeks lol.. I'm so excited though I can't wait for these two weeks to come. I'm in love with this book. I had a feeling she was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh wow it's getting good. What happened to Taylor? It's going to kill me to have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  49. OMG, this shit is getting good. Ana is on fire and it will be hard as hell to wait for the next chapters. I do hope that we get at least 4 chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is so amazing please don't stop writing this! Love this book and so Excited to see more being said about their Novels it took my one day to read this all I've been hooked from the start it's so AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Omg, i hate the wait, it does give me something to look forward to. Trully a great read! Keep it comming please

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow... really two weeks? That's too damn long. That's why I be forgetting I even be reading this. Too many days in between chapters. This is getting crazy... Christian will feel so bad like Ana did when she didn't believe him. I guess she knows how he felt.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Omg......waiting 2 weeks is gonna drive me insane! Elena is involved for sure. I can't wait for more chapters!!!! Please keep writing. Your writing is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  54. I would hate to think that Christian waits until Ana is hurt or dead, Elena is in this up to her neck. I bet she found Christens dad.
    That bitch has no limits to what she will do. She needs Grace to bitch slap her into another galaxy. Awaiting your next chapters

    ReplyDelete
  55. I feel like Elena is definitely involved Ana is right and I hope Christian realizes it before Elena hurts Ana see you next time take care.....

    ReplyDelete
  56. Omg. I absolutely love your chapters. Are you publishing this? I want this in a hard book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Omg.. Can't wait for the next chapters. When is this book coming out? I want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. We need this in a book or books!!! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  59. OMG!! I just found out about this last night and I am already done and can't wait for new chapters!! This is Amazing and I love It!! Wonderful job!! Keep up good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Please suprise us with an early release.

    ReplyDelete
  61. It's hard when his loyalty clearly belongs with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Can't stop reading!!! Love it!!! Can't wait for the next chapters...

    ReplyDelete
  63. I was hoping that it was a mistake and we didn't have to wait another week 😂😂but now i have something to look forward on Election Day

    ReplyDelete
  64. Elena is involved, why else ask twice where Ana was? Plus her comment of WE wouldn't have let that happened...who is we and how could they control what happened, unless she knew where he was? Also, no way is she better at following leads than the police. She either wanted money cuz she's running out or she wants him. If she wants him, maybe she sent the creepy author to seduce Ana away so christen leaves Ana for cheating and when that didn't work she had that guy kidnap him with the cover of trying to get money while she has the obstacles (Ana and the kids) to Christian killed off. I can't believe Christian would rather chance anas life than be wrong...it wouldn't take much to verify Elenas story and to make sure she wasn't evolved by checking phone records.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Omg how is it still a week before you update again! Time is moving way too slowly 🤓

    ReplyDelete
  66. The only flaw I've even noticed in the entire 22 chapters , is during one of their fights Anna points out how Christan got mad and followed her to her mother's house in "Arizona" in the actual book her mom lived in Savannah GA, other than that I honestly couldn't tell this is fan fiction it's almost as if e.L James wrote this herself , I love it and I'm excited too read the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  67. I would love to hear more about Kate & Elliot's two kids!! But this has been completely AMAZING!!!!! Please, please never stop writing!!! Keep it coming

    ReplyDelete
  68. Omg love this , Ana need to get crow to find out if Elena is involved (she so is) she need some one like crow to look out for her as Christian's is not ready to look at Elena in a bad way

    ReplyDelete
  69. I thought this was going to be rubbish, i was so wrong. I really did judge the book by its non existent cover!! Keep writing! P.s. with the escala thing, i assumed they went there straight from the airport to just get home quickly and get in to some privacy. And yes, press would totally use telephoto lenses from other buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Lol why can't it be the 8th :( I love this book. I keep rereading it and I'm obsessed. Your such a good author :) only 2 more days.

    ReplyDelete
  71. OMG.....Ana needs to knock Christian in the head!! Elena was involved, I'm sure the police would have taken those same steps!! And why would his PI tell her anything?????

    ReplyDelete
  72. Only 1 more day, I cannot stop reading g this! I'm very excited to see what comes of Ana's "intuition" about Elena being involved. I also want to add that you are a great writer, keep writing please!!!!! I keep searching for more to read but nothing has me on the edge of my seat more than this!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I can't wait for the next chapters!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh goodness...I'm a day ahead of myself. I came to see if the new chapters were up, then got upset when I realized it's only Monday the 7th.....I am too excited for the new chapters!!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Ready for some new chapters plz😀

    ReplyDelete
  76. Where is the new update? I can't stand the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Update soon please! I check this page way too many times 😂🙈

    ReplyDelete
  78. When is the new chapter coming! Its been soon long!! I NEED to know what happens! WHY MUCH YOU TORTURE ME SO?!?!

    ReplyDelete