The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades | Chapter 17

The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades
Chapter Seventeen



Ana

“CROW!” His bedroom was on the third floor so I banged my fists against each door until I figured out exactly where he was. It was three in the morning and everyone was sound asleep, but I got a phone call that changed my life forever.

After I knocked on every door, I stood back and waited for him to emerge. “Crow, where are you?”

The corner bedroom door finally opened and he stepped out in nothing but his sweatpants. His chiseled chest was tight and toned, and he packed enough muscle to make him a powerful opponent. “What the hell is the damn emergency?” His hair was rumpled from tossing and turning in bed, and his beard was coming in strong now that it was almost morning.

“Christian called me.”

His sour mood evaporated when he heard the news. “What did he say? Is he on his way?”

“He’s still being held. But he managed to get to a phone to call me.”

“Why didn’t he just call the police instead?”

“I don’t know.” There was no time for questions. “They took the phone away from him and the line went dead.”

He placed his hands on his hips, still breathing hard from being disturbed in the middle of the night. “Christian would have called someone else if that was his only opportunity.”

“What are you implying?”

“They probably forced him to call you to make you do something. But instead, he just told you he was okay.”

When I looked back on the situation in retrospect, I knew he was right. “At least we know he’s okay.”

“For now.”

“Can you trace that phone call? Pinpoint where it’s coming from?”

“Ana, movies aren’t real life.”

“Shut up and answer the question.”

“No. The call has to be live, and I need at least two minutes.”

I clutched my skull and screamed.

Crow stared at me without showing an ounce of emotion. “If he’s still alive, then he’s been doing something right. There’s still hope.”

“I can’t take this anymore. Should I call the police and tell them he called?”

“Probably,” he said. “I doubt it’ll help them find him, but at least they’ll know he’s alive.”

“Are you sure there’s nothing you can do?” I hated being at the mercy of someone else, someone I hardly knew, but I wasn’t above begging. “Anything at all?”

He continued to stand with his hands on his hips. “If he calls again, I can. But I doubt that’s going to happen. I’m sure they aren’t going to let him anywhere near a phone at this point.”

Just when I had some hope, it was savagely taken away from me.

“He’s made it this far,” he reminded me. “He’ll keep going.”



 <<  chapter 16   |  chapter 18 >>

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this storyline.. cant wait for next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this story, but Crow could be more helpful finding Christian in my opinion. He may not be able to trace the call but, could look into Christian's cell phone and find out what tower it pinged off of to narrow a location within a certain radius. Can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete