The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades | Chapter 23

The Life of Mrs. Fifty Shades

Chapter Twenty-Three
Ana




The rain splattered against the windows of my office. The sound was music to my ears, a constant hum that kept me company during the long hours I was away from my kids.



Christian hadn’t called me yet, which was surprising. The last thing we said to each other was when I threatened to tell Grace that Elena had another scheme up her sleeve. Christian was blind when it came to that woman, and his inability to see her for who she really was troubled me. Were there feelings still involved? Maybe some misplaced affection.


I hoped not.

I threatened to tell Grace what was going on with Elena to get Christian to see reason. I didn’t mean to take it further than that. But since Christian was oblivious about Elena, I had no other choice. Deep in my gut, I knew something wasn’t right. Elena was a threat, and she had her sights set on me—possibly the kids. If she successfully removed me from the picture, she still had two little ones to compete with. I wouldn’t put it past her to get rid of them too.

The truth was so plain to me. She worked with this crazed man to separate Christian from me. She planned to bombard me and the kids, hiring some ex-cons to kill us and throw us in the freezing waters of the Pacific. She hadn’t expected Christian to have a concrete plan in place—involving a man she didn’t even know.

I had to do something. If Christian was too blinded by his admiration for the woman to protect us, I would do it.

Unsure of what the hour was on the other side of the world, I picked up my phone and made the call.

Crow answered within a few rings. “What?”

“Hello to you too.” Hearing his voice made me smile despite its gruffness.

“Again, what?”

“Do you have a minute?”

“Now that I’m wide awake at two in the morning, I guess.”

“It’s about Christian.”

“Shouldn’t the two of you be blissful and fucking right now?”

“I think I know what happened when Christian was captured—but he doesn’t believe me.”

Intrigued, Crow dropped his attitude. “Tell me what you’re thinking.”

I told him the whole story.

“Elena has always been a nut job.”

“You know her?” I asked in surprise.

“Unfortunately. I’ve met her a few times when I was in Seattle. Christian brought her along as a business partner.”
“Did you sleep with her too?” I blurted.

He chuckled. “Jealous?”

“No. I just hate that woman.”

After a long pause, he spoke. “She’s not my type. I like to be the dominant, and she’s a terrible submissive.”

At least she sucked at something.  “What do you think?”

“I don’t think you’re crazy. Christian has a soft spot for her so I understand his hesitation.”

“He shouldn’t have a soft spot for her. When his wife says something, he should believe her.” My voice rose as the emotion gripped me painfully tight. Tears were burning in my eyes just before they fell.

“Don’t cry. I’ll hang up.”
“I’m not.” I sniffed to cover it up.

“Cut him some slack. This woman gave him the money to start his empire. Even though he’s paid her back, he still feels indebted to her. She obviously gave him something he never got from his birth parents or his adopted parents.”

“But now he has me.” My voice shook.

“Seriously, don’t cry. Annoys the shit out of me.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat and stayed quiet.

“You want me to talk to him?”

“No.”

“Then why did you call me?”

“I guess…I just wanted someone to talk to. You’re the only person who knows Christian for who he really is.”

“If you really think you’re in danger, you should tell Grace.”

“Do you think we’re in danger?”

He was quiet for nearly a minute. “I’m not sure. I don’t think your theory is impossible, but I don’t have enough evidence to condemn her beyond reasonable doubt. You’ve probably hated that woman from the beginning and it’s possible your hatred blinds your judgment.”

“I do hate her. But that has nothing to do with this.”

“Then go with your gut. That’s all I can say.”

“Then I’m gonna tell Grace.”

Crow fell silent over the line. “He’s not gonna like it.”

“I know…”

“But you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.”

***
I left the office half an hour early and got into a cab. I headed to Grace’s office a few blocks down the road. Without seeing Taylor, I knew he was following me. It was just a matter of time before he figured out where I was going and told Christian.

I wondered how much time I had.

The cab pulled up to the building, and I walked into the lobby. Her office was on the 9th floor. I got into the elevator and hit the button. The classical jazz music played over the speakers, and I steeled my resolve. Saying this to Grace would be easy. She hated Elena just as much as I did, but that didn’t mean she would believe my story. I had to admit it was far-fetched—but that didn’t mean it was wrong.

The doors opened with a distant ring, and right before my eyes, Christian’s frame came into view. Wearing a gray suit and black tie, he stared me down as the doors opened like he knew I was inside.

I stared at him as I held my breath, trying not to appear surprised. He must have had a strict detail on me to figure out where I was going before I even got there. He must have flown his helicopter to the top of the building. There was no other explanation for his haste.



The warning was in his eyes.

The doors began to close so I stepped out and listened to the ring sound behind me.

“Mrs. Grey.” Christian had no intention of letting me approach the receptionist’s desk.

“Mr. Grey.” If he got in my way, I would tear him down. The look in my eyes made that perfectly obvious.

“Is there something I can help you with?”

“You?” I said coldly. “No. There’s not a damn thing you can help me with.” I turned on my heel and walked off.

He snatched me by the wrist and yanked me back. “Ana, you aren’t telling Grace any of this ridiculous story. I won’t have it.”

“Let. Go. Of. Me.” I twisted out of his grasp hard, just the way Taylor taught me. I refused to be intimidated by those gray eyes. This was something I believed too strongly in. “I’m telling Grace because my own husband won’t protect me. My own husband is putting his ex before his family. I’ve never been so disappointed in you in my life.”

Those words stabbed him like a knife, and his eyes dilated like he’d been cut down to the bone. “Ana, I will protect you from anything. But you aren’t seeing reason right now. Elena had nothing—”

“Open your eyes, Christian. I don’t know what version you see of this woman, but it’s the wrong one. I told you she was a hard limit for me and not just because I’m jealous. She is a threat to me, Teddy, and Phoebe. After everything we’ve been through, with how paranoid you are, if you can’t even entertain that possibility, then you’re seriously fifty shades of fucked up.” Everything I was saying was unforgivable. I’d never been so angry and frustrated with him in my life. It was the first time I doubted our marriage could work. “You still have feelings for her or some other misguided affection, and I’m tired of competing with it. I’m done, Christian.” I turned away again, determined to get away from him.

He grabbed me again. “What did you say to me?”

I pushed him off. “I said I’m done.” I gave him a violent look before I marched down the hallway.

This time, he didn’t follow me.

I got to the end of the hallway and turned around to see his expression.

And he looked like a man who had lost the world.

***
I chickened out and didn’t speak to Grace. Bringing her into this wouldn’t change anything. It wouldn’t fix the real problem—which was Christian. As long as he defended that vile woman and didn’t notice the gaps in her story, then this argument would never be put to rest. When I said she was a hard limit for me, I assumed that was the end of it.

But like always, that snake popped up.

An emotional wreck, I didn’t know what else to do besides run. I went to the house and sent Mrs. Jones home for the day. I packed a bag full of stuff along with things for the kids, and I called a cab to get us to the airport.

I was running away.

I couldn’t believe this was happening. Christian was at Grace’s office because he knew I would end up there. He stood in my way to make sure that didn’t happen, to protect that child molester instead of protecting me.

How could I forgive him for that?

Tears ran down my cheeks for the entire ride to the airport. Teddy's eyes were full of sadness as he watched his mother cry. “Mommy, are you okay?”

I needed to pull myself together. “Mommy is okay. Just tired.”

“Where’s Daddy?”

Not far behind, I’m sure. “We’ll see him soon.” I just lied to my son, and I felt horrible for doing it.

My phone lit up with a phone call, and his name was on the screen. By now, he knew exactly what was going on. He knew Mrs. Jones was gone, my clothes were missing, and my wedding ring was sitting on the counter.

He knew I was finally fed up with everything.

And he was going to try to stop me.

I turned off my cell phone so I wouldn’t have to see it ring any longer. I couldn’t bear to see his name on the screen. I loved My Fifty with everything I had, but when it came down to it, he chose that heinous woman over me.

And I couldn’t forgive that.

***
The kids were asleep in the car when we pulled up to the Tuscan estate within the hillsides. It was exactly as I remembered, covered in vines with rustic Italian design. The air smelled clean there, like fresh grapes.

We reached the front door and knocked before Lars greeted us.

He forgot his manners for a moment, surprised to see us. “Mrs. Grey, I wasn’t expecting you.”

“I’m sorry we stopped by unannounced…” I held Phoebe on my hip with Teddy holding my other hand. “Can I speak to Crow?”

“Of course. Come in.” He guided us inside and directed us toward the couches. “His Grace will be down in a moment. Is he expecting you?”

“Uh…no.” I was too afraid to turn on my phone just in case Christian called me again.

Lars nodded. “I’ll be back shortly.”

I cradled Phoebe in my arms as I waited for Crow to come downstairs. I didn’t know where to go and he was the first person that came into my mind. He was the only man powerful enough to keep Christian away if it came down to it. He was friends with my husband, but I knew he was my friend too.

He joined us a moment later, wearing running shorts and a t-shirt like he was just finishing a morning jog. The fabric around his neck was soaked in sweat and perspiration was still on his forehead. “Mrs. Grey…I wasn’t expecting you.” He looked at Teddy who was sleep on the couch, and the baby in my arms. “I’m guessing things didn’t go well.”

I lay Phoebe beside her brother. They were both exhausted from the travel and they just needed a good night’s rest. “I’m sorry to bombard you like this… I didn’t know where else to go.”

He searched my eyes, his cold and callous expression absent. I expected him to be irritated with my presence, and I was surprised he wasn’t. “Any minute now, he’s going to figure out where you are.”

“I know. I’m surprised he hasn’t yet.”

“Your phone must be off.”

I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest.

He continued to stand there, five feet between us. “What can I do for you?”

“Can we stay here for a while? I just need somewhere to…clear my head.”

He glanced down to my left hand and noticed my wedding was missing. “Looks like you’ve already made up your mind.”

I squeezed my fingers together, feeling naked without the band.

“Did you tell him?”

I nodded.

“And you’re sure this is what you want?”

“It’s not what I want. But I can’t keep competing with that woman. I don’t feel safe, and I’ve come to realize Christian won’t protect me. Elena failed once but she’ll try again.”

He bowed his head, his gaze unreadable. “Christian won’t take this easily. He’ll fight.”

“Well, he better fight hard.”






   <<  chapter 22   |  chapter 24  >>

484 comments:

  1. I am sitting here after reading chapter 23 and I am in shock. Ana left Christian, what the hell. But I feel her and Elena is a hard limit for me too. Ok so how long do we have to wait for the next chapter, please oh please can we have more than one or two next time. I just might have to start over from the beginning in order to keep my mind. Love you work, please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got to be kitting me one chapter i cant wait to crazy i need more and now plz.

      Delete
  2. oooo you tease.. You always leave us with a cliff hanger. Loving this story line. I agrre Elena is upto summmat cant wait for next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so addicted!! Please hurry with the next chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will this series be complete? I love it, I would just like to read it in it's entirety. You are a good writer even though there have been some things that don't match the books. But overall a great continuation of Christian and Anastasia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait until the next chapter. I hope it won't be to long of a wait. I love the twists and turns you have spun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg no thay have to get back together I can't stand them being apart 😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what i think. They cant be apart for too long. Hopefully this will make him see it from her perspective

      Delete
  7. only 1 chapter?? Noooo!!!!! The wait is killing me!!! This book is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right it's hard to wait for another chapter this book is totally amazing

      Delete
    2. now the wait for chapter 24...I'm on the edge of my seat!!! Try reading Buttons and Lace by her. it's a real nail biter too!!

      Delete
  8. Omg omg where to begin. She left him I am so stunned I didn't think that was going to happen again. I also think it's crazy that she ran to Crows to hide her. That's going to break Christians trust with Crow for let's them stay with him and I think Christian will think there is something going on with the to of them. Also what an amazing chapter I just wish we had more . I can't wait to see we're you are taking the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Christian knows that there is nothing going on between the 2 of them. Like she said before, crow is like a brother to her. And soon as she turns her phone on Christian will know where she is. At least she is safe there.

      Delete
    2. Kierra: I agree with you,he knows Crow would not cross that line. She needed to go there to get away and get his opinion on the situation...

      Delete
  9. Please put more chapters up today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sad that Anna and christian are separating but please don't tell me Anna and crowd get together and Elena and Christian get together. When does the next chapter come out???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never see Christian and Elena getting together. Even though he doesnt believe Ana, i dont see them in the near future. And crow is still loyal to Christian to leave Ana alone in that sense.

      Delete
    2. I agree but Crows brother, I think will be a problem.

      Delete
    3. Yea but she left him and took her ring off maybe crow will try and out all people why go to his house they got a house on the same island .. I just don't trust crow yet or my gut don't but i know onething christian Grey better fight for his wife after all they been thought

      Delete
  11. One chapter in two weeks.. I can't deal with this. I'm need more. Especially on this Election Day! I love this story so much. How long do we have to wait for the next chapter? Please don't say next Tuesday!! Speedy writing

    ReplyDelete
  12. One chapter in two weeks.. I can't deal with this. I'm need more. Especially on this Election Day! I love this story so much. How long do we have to wait for the next chapter? Please don't say next Tuesday!! Speedy writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That what i said we need some for this election day to keep your mind off of it but hey it's election day for her too she's probably doing the same thing we doing

      Delete
  13. Hmmm good Lord i can't wait for the next chapter when lady when I'm dying here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg I can't believe she took her ring off and she's at crows house omg please more chapters

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm good Lord i can't wait for the next chapter when lady when I'm dying here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sitting here eyes glued to the computer screen...I cant believe this. I cant wait for the next chapter. Hope we get more that one next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Man i was so happy she put her feet down good .. Now but can we reallytrust crow i dont know yet but im loving this book omg more please more i waiting two for this chapter please give me more like 5 chapter at once ..........

    ReplyDelete
  19. And it did give us a date man please be this week

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's sad she made that big speech then she chickens out and then she runs away with his children adults don't do that teenagers do that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you've had enough, you'll do things on the spur of a moment, just because she left, doesn't mean she's acting like a teenager.. Put yourself in her shoes before you judge... That's my opinion

      Delete
  21. So glad Ana is doing what she needs to in order to protect her family...can't wait to see the fight that Christian puts up with for his family. Of course she went to Crow, because she knew that Christian trusted him to keep her safe and Elena has no idea where that is...now how long until Christian puts it together...Please oh please don't leave us hanging for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  22. UPDATE SOON ITS SO GOOD!! DONT LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG come on here I need another chapter very badly Christian better get his shit together and see where ana coming from before he loses her for good

    ReplyDelete
  24. Coming soon as in a few days...? �� Please.

    ReplyDelete
  25. After everything they have been through this can not be it for Ana and Christian!! He is not going to line that she went to Crow.. he better get Elena out of his life and get his family back ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. When is the next chapter coming i can't wait for it I need to know what happens next. Please hurry

    ReplyDelete
  27. The suspense is killing me! I hope you make another chapter this week. BTW I also can't wait for your new book,Buttons And Lace to come out on the 15th. SO excited for new chapters and your book. SOMETHING to definitely look forward to. KEEP up the good work lady!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Trying patiently to wait for the next chapters but it's so very hard when a book is this good!! Christian better smarten up Elena is evil from the moment she was introduced. Ana needed to give him a wake up call because he's the one being ridiculous I know it'll all work out but getting there is driving me crazy lol Please keep the chapters coming! I'm a devoted fan and can't wait for Buttons and Lace either

    ReplyDelete
  29. Omg chapter 23 is amazing 😍😍😍😍 like sitting on the edge of my seat!!! Never did I think she'd leave but I see her point she is up to something

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am totally loving this however if she ends up with crow im done i feel so sorry for Christian right now i get the reason she is doing this but she is going to brake him forever and he does not deserve that 😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 👍 he has his faults but he do bend backwards to protect her and his babies ..she shouldn't of gone that far

      Delete
  31. (Using my hubby'a account) 😬

    Only one chapter and ends with a heart-pounding cliffhanger! ❤️ OMG Ana left Christian and went to Crow! if Christian finds out, he'll be throwing 50 shades of fucked-upness. But I think Ana knows Crow will protect her and her babies even for Christian! I would love to see them both put their heads together and squash Mrs Robinson for good! Christian is too damn blind to see what's going on because he's indebted to her. I can't wait for next week! 😬

    ReplyDelete
  32. Please MORE CHAPTERS!!lol I LOVE this store I can't get enough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Omg 😲..why do you make me wait so long? Please please hurry up with next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  34. I found this two days ago and know that i read every chapter and know have to wait i feel like im going to just die i dont know how to go on lol please i need more. You are just amazing at what you do give me more please.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too, read all 22 in one sitting!!! Lol now I'm not liking the wait!!!

      Delete
  35. Not happy with just one chapter, somethings gotta give, more chapters at once please!!!! Or at least one a day!!! Geezzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunch of ungrateful ass ppl on here. Geezzz. Get a grip. It's a book. I look this series too but God for bid she have a life outside of this right?.

      Delete
    2. Love. I can't wait for more either. But try to be patient. She don't have to give us anything so be thankful and great full if she just gives us a sentence at a time.

      Delete
  36. Whens chapter 24 out!! I hate the waiting 😏 x

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this book, but I'm like everybody else one chapter isn't enough to read after waiting soooooo long, please get another chapter or 3 up as soon as possible, I'm like a addict and need my fifty shades fix

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh things were just getting juicy!! U have a knack for cliff hangers. Damn!! Can't wait for the next chapters. Hoping for more than one but will take what ya can. Ur good.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Omg I really didn't expect that this is a shock, but I must admit elena is a bit weird and unpredictable she would be a hard limit for me to and I would do exactly what Anna has done. Can't wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Omg...you are killing me. MORE more more please. Is button there? I'm losing my mind? Ana ran from Christian. WTH

    ReplyDelete
  41. Excellent writing! I know it isn't easy. Get this, I previously owned a bookstore (yes, it was heaven) and I never heard of fan fiction before this. Excellent storyline. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Going back and rereading everything.

      Delete
  42. I love me some Ana and Christian. I think your storyline is very good and true to form. I wish you were able to provide more than one or two chapters at a time, but I look forward to reading what's next when you leave me hanging on the edge of my seat. Christian feels some sense of obligation to Elena because in his mind her dominatrix saved him. Ana, however, is able to see Elena without blinders and knows she's a threat to her family. She knows that her children and herself are the only thing standing in the way of Elena's obsession. Elena doesn't like to lose! Christian needs to really rethink his conversation with Elena after his kidnapping and he'll soon realize Ana was right.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh goodness! I can't believe Ana left Christian. I can't wait for the next chapter. This is literally going to drive me crazy until I find out what happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Omg this one chapter thing is killing me.. I love this story line but they just can't split not after all they have been through... omg

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am so in love with your work. I can not wait for the next installment. Keep up the amazing work. Maybe next time post a few chapters at a time. That way we can read more at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Holy grail!! She left him. Shit just took a turn for the worse. That molester Elena is a hard limit for me too. How could he not know she was involved!! I mean really.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm blown away and need more how much longer do we have to wait?

    ReplyDelete
  48. I don't know what to say to that! I'm shocked! I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I keep reading this chapter over and over hoping the ending will change. I am speechless. Christian and Ana deserve to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I keep reading this chapter over and over hoping the ending will change. I am speechless. Christian and Ana deserve to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Please please please write again soon I am going crazy waiting!?!?!??!! I love this book you are so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  52. Omg this is sooo good please hurry with the next chapters

    ReplyDelete
  53. One chapter? After two weeks? And then it's a cliffhanger? And after she runs??? I HATE WHEN SHE RUNS. It shows nothing but immaturity and if she loves Christian as much as she says she does, why did she leave her rings!? I GET she's pissed. I GET Elena is a hard limit. But why LET her win? Which is exactly what Ana is doing by leaving her rings. And if she ends up cheating, I'm outta here. You don't cheat on somebody your in love with. And what if running puts her in more danger from Crow's nutso brother? She should have talked to Taylor. Got him to investigate Elena. But instead, compounds her problems and runs AGAIN or as usual, which EVER way you want to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  54. O. M. G. Please stop teasing me!!! Ana left christian. I'm heart broken.....more please.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Ana has ever right to run and I think she is right Elena and her ex hubby has something to to with Christian kidnapping. Remember Christian left Elena ex hubby pennyless.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am IN SHOCK 😳😳😳... 😭😭😭😭😭😭 please another chapter Friday🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  57. Nooo! Well hopefully its soon for next chapter. Good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. You are such a tease!!! Please keep it coming!!! I can't believe she left... OMG!!! Impatiently waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Man this just pissed me off!! I waited two weeks and you decide to write one story!! Ugh😑😑

    ReplyDelete
  60. OMG! Sitting here on the edge of my seat anxiously waiting for the next chapter! You always leave us with a cliff hanger...lol. You're a wonderful writer and author!

    ReplyDelete
  61. ��!!!! Please don't leave us hanging for another week. We need more chapters .... please please, Ana cannot be with Crow and Christian cannot be with that evil Elena ... she needs to leave him the hell alone let them live their lives and I hope that now that Anna left Christian he comes to his damn senses .. please don't separate them. Good writing though. You are very talented. We need more of the story. I reread everyday from ch.1 to the current. Going CRAZY ��

    ReplyDelete
  62. A cliff hanger I'm at a loss for words. When is the next chapter coming? But also thank you for some more Crow he may be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Will this have an HEA for Ana and Christian and be a non-cheating story?

    ReplyDelete
  64. Will this have an HEA for Ana and Christian and be a non-cheating story?

    ReplyDelete
  65. Can't wait 4 chapter 24 hope it don't take long.. love love this book all ur books

    ReplyDelete
  66. Omgg I just can't, I'm so shocked woow. I can't wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Im sitting on the edge of my seat I need more. I cant wait for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Why only one chapter? Needs to be at least 3 the next week or two. This story keeps you wondering. It's very good and keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Can you please answer when the next chapter will be out!!! It's hard to be patient when it's so good!!! Please please please just tell us when the next chapter is out!!

    ReplyDelete
  70. This is a great story i hope you sell this as a book so i can buy.
    When is the next chapter?

    ReplyDelete
  71. Omg.... Now we have to wait!!!!! Christian is going to shit a brick... I agree with Ana... This waiting is horrible. ..I have to wait for Buttons and Hate and now these next chapters... Buttons and Lace was phenomenal by the way....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You already have buttons and lace?

      Delete
    2. I few people got copies that were on her review team.

      Delete
  72. Omg can't wait for more soon I hope I'm going to go crazy waiting this book is just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  73. First off i gotta take my hat off to Penelope Skye as she keeps me on the edge of my seat. Thank you for your continuing chapters :-)
    I feel i need to address an issue with some of the readers and please dont start sending nasty messages ect. Alot of you are forgetting this is FREE FOR US ALL TO READ!! WE should be grateful and not demanding more chapters and complaining we have had to wait so long. You are forgetting this inspiring writer has a new book coming out on 15th and i am amazed she has found the time to write and it must be a busy time with the launching of her first book,its great by the way. Please stop complaining about how many chapters are up and be grateful for what we are given. Thank you once again for all your chapters whenever they arrive.
    As it will show as guest my name is Jade Thom,fan of writer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which book is she launching? I would like to check it out. I have really enjoyed the free chapters of Mrs Grey.

      Delete
    2. Buttons and Lace, it's Crow's story.

      Delete
    3. Buttons and Lace, it's Crow's story.

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. Why does my name always come up wrong. Should be right now as just sorted google out aka above post and original unknown post of this

      Delete
    6. Buttons and Lace on the 15th November, its Crows story..its a dark erotic and will keep you well on the edge of your seat!! You will not want to put it down until read

      Delete
    7. Oh I can't wait to start reading buttons and lace! Crow is very mysterious I'd love to know more about him!

      Delete
    8. I read the free sample of Buttons and Lace.... A couple of chapters and I must say that it is a page Turner like a mug!! Purchasing this book in paperback format later on today.... I'll receive it tomorrow and have it finished before dinner time!! Penelope Sky, you're my new favorite author and BTW, thanks for the free read of Mrs. Grey!!!

      Delete
  74. Omg, this was so good. I'm sad it has come to this, but she has to put her foot down like he always do. I can't wait for the next chapter, I'm dying to find out what's next. I love Ana and Christian

    ReplyDelete
  75. When does the next Grey book come out??

    ReplyDelete
  76. OMG I wasn't expecting Ana to leave Christian but perhaps he will finally wake up and smell the roses and listen to Ana

    ReplyDelete
  77. I'm dying and I'm almost done with my review book

    ReplyDelete
  78. Love this story... I'm addicted to it you have put so wicked twists that I didn't see coming... are you publishing this into a book if so I would definitely be buying it

    ReplyDelete
  79. I must say awesone.....awesome...awesome....I read all 23 chapters in 2 days. I cannot wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  80. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Jaw dropping good! Only one chapter 😩😩😩

    ReplyDelete
  82. Can't wait for the next chapters. I knew it. She can't keep running

    ReplyDelete
  83. If you love this, buy Buttons and Lace, when its released November 15.It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love this book. But this waiting around for more chapters is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I love this book. But this waiting around for more chapters is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  86. OMG! I can't wait for the next chapter. Would love to read this all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  87. "Holy fuck", as Ana would say.
    I cannot believe this chapter.
    Absolutely unbelievable. I can't even explain how fast my heart was racing and the way it'd stop at every end of a sentence. Christian has to stop thinking Ana's wrong. She's been right all along. He shouldn't be surprised Ana decided to pack up and say "I'm done." Elena has always been one to step in between them and his past keep following him on and on and interferes so much with his life and love. It's not fair to Ana especially with how much she doesn't like Elena. I am so shook right now that Ana left with the kids and the first person she wanted to see was Crow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not that he was the first person she wanted to see, she just knew he was the person to keep her safe

      Delete
  88. Wow. Some of you need to calm down.getting mad she only put 1 chapter up this time and demanding more. Maybe she has a job and God forbid she has a job or family or she is still writing it or editing it for us. Trust me I get it I want more to like now all of it. I want to finish it all ocd and all but complaining about it won't get it here any faster. Js.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I just started this book today and I stayed up 3 hours to finish it. I can't wait for more! It's so good I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Any idea on when next chapters will be?

    ReplyDelete
  91. Hope Christian fights to get Anna back safe and sound.I couldnt stand it if they break up!! Hope Elana gets her ass handed to her!!! Keep on writing¡!!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Please give us at least 2 chapters at a time ....loving the story

    ReplyDelete
  93. Love this book. I hope Christian gets his mess together. Waiting anxiously for the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  94. I love this. I hope Christian gets his act together.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Ugh , when is Chapter 24 coming out ? It just says coming soon. :-( Mostly everyday I checked to see if the next Chapter is up. What happen to when she posting at least 3 or more Chapters every Friday or Now Every Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she is publishing her own actual book so im thinking she is a little busy.

      Delete
    2. Well she is publishing her own actual book so im thinking she is a little busy.

      Delete
    3. Well she is publishing her own actual book so im thinking she is a little busy.

      Delete
    4. Well she is publishing her own actual book so im thinking she is a little busy.

      Delete
  96. Hope uour feeling better. Im ready to read chapter 24 and 25 hopefully !

    ReplyDelete
  97. Hope uour feeling better. Im ready to read chapter 24 and 25 hopefully !

    ReplyDelete
  98. Does anyone know if this is going to be published in book form instead of on the blog? I really love it and am so addicted to it. Great job Mrs Grey!!! Cant wait for more chapters. I hope Ana really kicks Elena's ass good.

    ReplyDelete
  99. MRS Fifty 🙌🏽🙌🏽 You give me life ❤️ Then you take it and crush it 💔😂😂 But I love it can't wait for the next chapter hope you feeling well ✨

    ReplyDelete
  100. Are you kidding me Ana's at Crows and she left Christian please need know what happens next chapter please

    ReplyDelete
  101. When I will the next chapters come

    ReplyDelete
  102. I understand Ana is looking for support but she could of just gone to her own house next door to Crow...and I do believe Elena is up to something...She has wanted Christian for him and his.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Please tell me that the next chapter will be posted soon because I want to know if Christian is going to show up or if Ana and Crow will be getting it on.

    ReplyDelete
  104. I come back every day to see if there is a new chapter and it just say coming soon i wish i had a day to look forward to. This coming soon is making me impatient.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Oh my goodness. That was a heavy chapter. I hope coming soon is next week because I literally am at a loss for words at her leaving him. I don't know what to think anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Wonderful like always Pene. Can't wait to see how everything turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Ok, i can't wait much longer . I've re read it all in hopes of ch. 24 being ready.

    ReplyDelete
  108. Omg....she letf him. And went with Crow...omg, omg. So exited on what's Christian going to do, and if Crow's going to protec Ana and stand up for her or back up his all time friend.

    ReplyDelete
  109. I need more than one or two chapters it's getting to interesting and how long do we have to wait

    ReplyDelete
  110. Ahhhh!!! U killing me...i need more,more...

    ReplyDelete
  111. Really!!! Only one chapter..come on you're killing me here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's making us all want more. Wonderful strategy because then she'll know more will come back for more. Busy lady our Pene. Lol

      Delete
  112. Where is the next chapter???? Got me checking back every day..... Please!!! This is such a great story and we need more!!! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  113. Please please finishes the next chapter because l can't wait at least give us a week notice please so l can keep reading the wait is killing me

    ReplyDelete
  114. This is amazing book so far.. I've been mesmerized by each chapters I read.. I understand where Ana coming from because Elena is a hard limite for me as well but I can't believe she would put herself and Christian through that trauma again... and I believe by running to Crow's house she's running away from one problem but running right into another problem with Crow's brother.. can't wait for the next chapter

    ReplyDelete
  115. Oh wow I can hardly breath, how could he not see that coming. He would have done much worse if it had been him.

    ReplyDelete
  116. I love Ana & Christian together please don't put Ana with Crow. I love this book. I believe Elena had something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  117. I need more!!!! This dragging it out is killing me. But then again if I had the whole book I would never put it down

    ReplyDelete
  118. What the What ?Did she just leave her husband ?Did she really run to Crow ?Oh Ana not a good look that is gonna break Christian's heart great chapter see you next time take care....

    ReplyDelete
  119. When does the chapter 24 come out

    ReplyDelete
  120. Serioudsly?! When is the next chapter?

    ReplyDelete
  121. Hopefully, new chapters will be added. Looking forward to reading more during the holiday break. Also I see that the author has been very busy due to a trilogy. Frost installment will be: (1)Buttons and Lace that will be available tomorrow, (2) Buttons and Hate which will be release in Feb., 2017, and (3) Buttons and Pain which will be release on May 07,2017.

    ReplyDelete
  122. I highly suggest reading Buttons and Lace. It is Crows story. It is an amazing read

    ReplyDelete
  123. Yes Buttons and Lace is a must read book! I enjoyed it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  124. Next chapter please make that three. At the edge of my seat here, love the book. Please tell us more

    ReplyDelete
  125. Everyone dying waiting for something new should pick up her book buttons and lace out tomorrow. It's crow story and it's worth reading while you wait. It's almost as good if not as good as 50 shades of grey. Trust me once you start reading you won't want to put it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was today... Is it available yet?

      Delete
    2. I agree but finished that now 🙁

      Delete
    3. I agree but finished that now 🙁

      Delete
    4. Her new book is available today I forgot it was already Tuesday

      Delete
  126. When is the chapter 24 coming i really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  127. Are we getting another chapter today ?

    ReplyDelete
  128. Are we getting another chapter today ?

    ReplyDelete
  129. So waiting anxiously for the next chapters....😩😩

    ReplyDelete
  130. Christian got even with Elena's ex and bankrupted him, but remember there is another bad guy. Jack Hyde. Someone who hated them both and wanted Christian's money. So him and Elena could be in cahoots together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im pretty sure that Jack Hyde is still in jail.

      Delete
  131. I am sooo loving your new book Buttons and Lace!can't wait for the other to next year. Waiting patiently for a new chapter. Please keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Well i came on few hours ago checking for chapters was gutted till i realised buttons and lace was out but it finished that now(love love loved it cant wait for febuary) so please more chapters please please please

    ReplyDelete
  133. When is the next chapter going to be uploaded????? Anxiety is killing me Lol

    ReplyDelete
  134. Anxiously waiting for the next chapter......UGH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  135. I was just wondering if anyone knows when the next chapter(s) was coming out. I thought they came out on Tuesdays. Just wondering if I missed something. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  136. When is the next chapter coming out?! Please don't leave us hanging like this!! Please let it be soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  137. Maybe I am crazy but I have been checking everyday and still no new chapter... ugh.... I'm ready to find out what happened! She left us all hanging and didn't even give us a date...

    ReplyDelete
  138. I love Christian but he has to listen really listen to his wife. Ana should have left but maybe she should have gone to her mother's instead of another man who she hardly knows. I believe Elena did have a hand in the kidnapping. Can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  139. I love Christian but he has to listen really listen to his wife. Ana should have left but maybe she should have gone to her mother's instead of another man who she hardly knows. I believe Elena did have a hand in the kidnapping. Can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  140. Can't wait until the next chapter!!! I wanna see what Christian does.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Does anyone know when the next chapter is coming out the suspense is killing me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea i have been checking off n on all day

      Delete
  142. We better be getting like 4 chapters!! The suspense has been killing me all week!!! 😭😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
  143. Am I the only one that its checking if it's up 😣😣😦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope refreshing every hour i thought more chapters would have come yesterday can only assume she is busy with the new book x

      Delete
  144. Well i came on few hours ago checking for chapters was gutted till i realised buttons and lace was out but it finished that now(love love loved it cant wait for febuary) so please more chapters please please please

    ReplyDelete
  145. I Keep Checking This Everyday Waiting For More Chapters. Please Hurry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  146. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete